top of page

Renter's Insurance

Proof of renter’s insurance is tracked through the Resident Portal and will be required BEFORE you can get your key. Renter’s insurance must be in effect through the last day of your lease. It’s a small price to pay for the peace of mind this insurance will provide.

Renters Insurance Policies

Renter’s insurance is mandatory for all residents. Imagine a mystery leak that fries your laptop or ruins all of your clothes in your closet. This unpredictable yet common problem is why renter’s insurance is essential. Per your Residential Lease, you are responsible for obtaining renter’s insurance for your personal belongings and to protect yourself against liability. This is particularly important because the insurance that College Town Communities has in place for our properties (like that of any off-campus housing facility) does NOT provide coverage for your personal belongings, property damage or bodily injury. If you or your guests suffer a loss due to fire, flood, vandalism, theft, or other cause of loss, that loss will not be covered by College Town Communities’ insurance.

Polk on Third

Landlord is not responsible for any damage to the Tenant(s)’ personal property (including but not limited to furniture, clothing, televisions, kitchen utensils/appliances, artwork or computers) or property in the care, custody or control of Tenant(s) (including cable/internet provider property). Tenant(s) shall separately and individually obtain renter’s insurance to protect his/her/their personal property to the fullest extent practicable and provide Landlord with a certificate of insurance as evidence thereof.


Landlord procures and maintains insurance for its benefit only, including the Building replacement value, its permanent improvements, and equipment and materials customary for maintaining real property. Tenant(s), at Tenant(s)’ own cost and expense, shall obtain or provide and keep in full force for the benefit of the Landlord, during the term hereof, personal public liability insurance, insuring the Landlord against any and all liability or claims of liability arising out of, occasioned by, or resulting from any accident or otherwise in or about the Leased Premises for injuries to any persons, for limits of not less than Three Hundred Thousand and 00/100 Dollars ($300,000.00) combined for bodily injury and property damage, in any one (1) accident or occurrence.  


The insurance policies shall be with companies authorized to do business in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (with an AM Best’s Rating of A-, VIII) and shall name Landlord as an additional insured and be delivered to the Landlord, together with proof of payment, not less than fifteen (15) days prior to the beginning of the Term hereof or of the date when the Tenant shall enter into possession, whichever occurs sooner. At least fifteen (15) days prior to the expiration or termination date of any policy, the Tenant shall deliver a renewal or replacement policy with proof of the payment of the premium therefor.

If Tenant(s) park(s) an automobile or motorcycle on the Landlord’s property, Tenant(s) must also have automobile insurance in the minimum amount required by state law. Tenant(s)’ failure to comply with these insurance requirements shall be considered a default of this Lease. 

Name “College Town Communities and Polk Street Development Associates, L.P.” and the address of your building as an “additional insured” so that we are kept updated should the policy change or lapse. You will need to provide your apartment number and address when you apply. This information will be sent to all residents prior to move-in via email.

Click here to view or download the Polk On Third Renter's Insurance Policy

College Town Communities Lehigh Banner
bottom of page